This meal makes enough for a small country. Adam and I had two big bowls and I am freezing the rest. Freezer “take-out” is my kind of take-out. Total hands-on time for this dish was less than 10 minutes. The hardest part was not slicing my finger on the top of the cans. I failed at that. If you fail at that, beware of the lime juice later. Ouchie.
Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Chili
- 3 whole chicken breasts, frozen or fresh
- 3 (15 oz) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 oz) cans whole corn, undrained
- 2 (10 oz) cans Rotel, undrained
- 2 (1 oz) packets Ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese or Neufchâtel
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Tortilla Chips
- Cheddar Cheese
- Hot Sauce (If you’re feeling really saucy)
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a large crock pot. Add the beans, corn, Rotel, Ranch dressing mix, onion, garlic, crushed red pepper, cumin. Stir together.
- Add the cream cheese on top and put the lid on.
- Turn the crockpot to low and cook for 6-8 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through. (Or do it on high, about 4-6 hours.)
- Remove the chicken and shred with 2 forks – it may be tender enough to mix all the ingredients and shred the chicken in one motion!
- Use a spoon to stir in the shredded chicken and the cream cheese (which should be melted).
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips, lime juice, avocado, sour cream, and shredded cheddar cheese. You can also serve this as a dip with tortilla chips.
*Inspired by Recipes Cookbook