I’m pretty sure if you add “buffalo” to anything, my mouth is going to start watering like a lunatic. Since I’ve been an incredible slacker when it comes to sharing recipes and life here… so much for resolutions… I thought I’d come back strong with these little bitties. This dish is ready in 45 mins start to finish and you get to get your hands a little dirty. Remember, you can adjust the ratios for the sauce according to your love for buffalo sauce. Which, if we’re going to continue to be friends… should be strong.
Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
Author: Courtney – Adapted From How Sweet Eats
Recipe type: Dinner
- 9 tortillas
- 1 grocery store roasted chicken, shredded
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup 2% Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 3 oz gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour enchilada sauce in a bowl and begin by whisking in ½ cup buffalo wing sauce. Set aside.
- Add shredded chicken to a bowl with ½ cup shredded cheese. Pour in about a ½ cup of enchilada/buffalo sauce mixture and mix thoroughly. Stir until mixture comes together.
- Pour a drizzle of enchilada/buffalo sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Take each tortilla and fill it with a few heaping tablespoons of the chicken mixture. Roll each up and set it in the baking dish, seam side down. Pour another ½ cup or more of enchilada/buffalo sauce on top of tortillas and add remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Immediately after taking enchiladas out of the oven, add crumbled gorgonzola on top. Garnish with the green onions and cilantro and serve.