They say a way to man’s heart is through his stomach. I agree with that statement whole stomachly. However, there are different routes you can use to get there. I, for one, know that I want to create meals that fill him up, but also won’t fill out my ass as much as it fills up his heart. That means putting together “secretly” healthy dishes that don’t taste like wheatgrass on top of hay. That route is called the scenic route… he’s happy and unknowingly healthy.
However, every once in while I just like to cut the healthy food foreplay and put together a meal that gets right to the what I know he’ll remember when that 21 year old walks by and gives him a little grin. I call that meal, The Husband Catcher. You really can’t go wrong with a grilled Filet Mignon, topped with caramelized blue cheese, mushrooms, and onions over sauteed garlic spinach. dayyyyyyyyymmmm girl.
- (2) 6 oz. Filet Mignons
- ½ onion, sliced (I used Vidalia to add extra sweetness)
- ¼ pound Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. blue cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic (1 minced and one slivered)
- 1 pound of spinach, chopped
- Olive oil
- Heat oil over medium high heat in pan
- Add onions and reduce heat to medium low
- Poke small holes in each filet, stuff holes which garlic slices
- Season each filet liberally with salt and pepper
- Add mushrooms to pan with onions and stir
- Grill filet to just below desired temperature (4 minutes per side for medium rare)
- Remove from grill and place on foil lined broiler pan, top with blue cheese
- Add garlic to new pan with olive oil, saute over medium high heat for 1 minute
- Add spinach and sitr until wilted
- Broil Filet until cheese is melted and bubbly
- Remove Filet from broiler
- Assemble: Spinach, Filet and top with mushrooms and onions
4 responses to “The Husband Catcher”
Courtney. excellent recipe. breakfast time here, this would make an excellent manbreakfast too. best wishes
and by the way, if i want to give your recipe 5 stars with my iphone it wouldnt allow it. i press on 5 stars but it only shows 2 stars. you got a technical issue. otherwise love your blog.
this would make an excellent meal at any time of day. protein is still the king. site is aces court!
Really makes the chicken I’m eating for dinner seem pretty depressing….