So hopefully summer is in full effect wherever you are. During the summer months, I often feel like I’m going to give Jeremy Piven a run for his money in the mercury poisoning department. I just CAN’T STOP with the seafood for dinner on these hot nights. And when you add the light and bright ingredients of tomato, basil and burrata it’s game over.
This dish is really just a way for me to make another version of my favorite salad, but it’s like a great article of clothing. If you love it, buy it in every color. Kind of like I did with Express’s editor pants in college. Literally… every. single. color.
- 2 Salmon filets
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- ¼ pint of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 15 leaves of fresh basil
- 2-4 balls of burrata (depending on the size)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Season salmon with salt and pepper
- Place salmon in an oiled jelly roll pan in a cold oven, turn oven to 400 degrees and cook for 20 minutes
- Once salmon is done cooking, place on a plate with basil, quinoa, tomato.
- Drizzle with oil oil, kosher salt and lots of fresh ground pepper